Here they come...

   The Times has two beat reporters for cyberspace. They are Peter Lewis
   and John Markoff.

Not quite.  I met Peter Lewis at CFP-94.  He has the official
cyberspace beat, which was just created this year.  Markoff reports on
the same issues, but is not assigned to that beat.

   Markoff's pieces in the times show remarkable understanding of the
   issues, but Lewis's make it seem like he's never even logged in.

   I encourage people to feed Markoff their interesting scoops and tips,
   and for people being interviewed by Lewis to ask why Markoff isn't
   covering a piece.

I would suggest it would be more profitable to educate Mr. Lewis
rather than to hold another's reputation over his head.

Eric