Re: San Jose Mercury News Washington News in Brief Blurb

> Thursday May 12, 1994
>
> ELECTRONIC SNOOPING TAKES SHARP UPTURN
>
> Wiretaps and electronic monitoring by federal agents,
> primarily against suspected drug traffickers, grew by a
> third during the first year of the Clinton administration,
> the largest increase in a decade.
> [N722]

This from the same Administration which rationalizes its attempts to
emasculate cryptography by citing the need for and widespread use of
such methods.

Coincidence?  You decide.

|Scott Collins                                      Alcatel Network Systems|
|[email protected]                                   Richardson, Texas|
|    Even if my employers agreed with this, they would never admit it.     |
|      GCS d? -p+ c++@ l u e- m* s+/ n- h+ f? g-(+++) w+@ t-- r- y?        |