Re: Message Havens

	As regards message havens...

	Seems to me that you should also have all of the messages to you
collated into one block, have some random length padding added, and then
encrypt the whole thing and send it back to you. If you have this all
done automatically by the server at the haven, then you may not even need
to call all of those random other messages down. That is, assuming you
trust the sysadmin of that haven, which is probably not the best of ideas.

	Anyhow, you can do somwthing similar with anonymous remailers.
Maybe someone should (or already has) written a client which will take
your message, pad it with some extra gibberish, then construct all of the
headers necessary (and encrypt several times along the way) to post it
along a path of remailers which either the user inputs, or it randomly
determines. Seems to me that if you leave the actual routing in the hands
of the user, and not at the discretion of the first remailer you send it
to, you gain a far more secure transmission. Of course i could be wrong...

	It would be nice if remailers supported padding from this end as
well. ie, insert something like

::
Padding: ***

	and this tells the remailer that, after decrypting the message
(presumably it was sent to a remailer that supports encryption) it should
discard whatever comes after the ***, or however it happens to be
implemented. This gives yet another layer of obfuscation between me and
whoever doesn't like me...

*       *       Mikolaj J. Habryn
                [email protected]
    *           "Information wants to be free!"
                PGP Public key available by finger
    *           #include <standard-disclaimer.h>