Auto moderation

[email protected] (Ed Carp):
> [ auto moderators ]
> > Sounds like a very easy scheme to break. Say I suddenly decide that I
> > don't like your posts or Tim Mays posts. I can get you kicked off by
> > using anonymous accounts to say that you're a nuisance. It seems to me
>
> It's not as easy as you might think.  How many anonymous accounts can you get?
> There are only so many anon servers, and for each anon account you have to have
> a different real account, all it buys you is your vote registers twice

Do you know how easy it is to fake an address? I occasionally telnet to port 25
and talk SMTP directly, to avoid spooling, but I have to type in the address
I want the mail to appear from. There's no way of ensuring that I type in
my real address, or _any_ real address at all for that matter.

Digitally signed voting? Only works if you restrict yourself to 'known' voters.
Net identities are very easy to fake or create.

> Ed Carp, N7EKG/VE3              [email protected]                519/824-3307
> Finger [email protected] for PGP 2.3a public key         [email protected]

That's an _anonymous_ address, right !? -----------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                                          [email protected]
Voicemail +91 11 3760335; Vox/Fax/Data 6853410
H-34C Saket New Delhi 110017 INDIA

The National Short-Sleeved Shirt Association says:
                                             Support your right to bare arms!