Re: Penet ID allocated

On May 16,  3:25pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Subject: Penet ID allocated
> [email protected]  Mon May 16 10:39:28 1994
>
> > You have sent a message using the anonymous contact service.
> > You have been allocated the code name an98437.
> > You can be reached anonymously using the address
> > [email protected].
>
> Obviously I'm not going to send anon mail through penet! I guess this is
> a response to my post to the list yesterday, so someone must have subscribed
> with their anXXXX address.

I got a similar mailing from penet, for no good reason.  Anyone else seeing
this?  Mail header shows that I was sent the message directly, with a different
anon id than the one Rishab was sent, which suggests to me these IDs are being
generated for individuals ad hoc.

--
Russell Earl Whitaker			    [email protected]
Silicon Graphics Inc.