Re: Graph isomorphism based PK cryptosystems?

	 I talked to a lawyer very recently about this. She does not
	 specialize in patent law but does deal with it. The situation
	 is confusing and fluid.  Here is what I think I heard,
	 ommiting occasional caveats:

	 If the patent office knows of prior art (as indicated in some
	 publicat ion)it will not issue a patent. If it does not know
	 then it may issue the patent.

Etc.  Note that the patent office itself has a publication for
stuff that you don't want to patent.  I know of no better way
to get something into their files.