Re: ECASH HOLY GRAIL?

Gary Jeffers writes:
>   Say, isn't this the electronic privacy HOLY GRAIL? - The STATE
>KILLER? - The POWER GIVER TO THE INDIVIDUAL? Here's to hoping that
>its everything that Chaum was looking for & congratulations to
>David Chaum & company.

Either that or the power is given to DigiCash.  What is their take?  How
do they make a profit?

Yes, I like the idea of cryptocash, but all the worries that come up
when the government does it come up at least as loud when a private
firm does it.

How *do* they make their money on this?  And what happens when
governments get upset that a private script has cropped up?  (What are
the laws on minting private money?)

Fascinating stuff.

-kb, the Kent who has been lurking here until now

P.S.  Have you people developed any special mailbox filters to help
deal with high-volume lists like this?