Re: My 2.3a Key is listed as a 2.6 (Aaargh!)

> As to not being allowed to have or use 2.6 in Europe, what makes you think so?

I didn't think in european law, I was thinking in US law. It is prohibited to
export, it is prohibitet to use (patents) and the day will come where it is
prohibited to be european and we get arrested after coming to the States... ;-)

> I may be wrong, but I thought the only obstacle was that it may not be exported
> to us due to ITAR. Once it's available here there's nothing wrong with having
> or using it.

Do you think they will accept this if they put us in jail after entering an
american airport next time?

Just a stupid question:

Do I violate american law when I transfer files from United Kingdom to Germany?
In some cases the internet packets are routed through american machines because
the connection Germany/Britain is lousy slow.

Hadmut