Re: Email Stalking on CNN

At  5:33 PM 5/27/94 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
>The idiot box behind me is making noise about Headline News' lead story
>for the evening, Email Stalking.  The woman involved states she'll never
>use email again.  Seems to me her arguments are moot, as cypherpunks has
>already developed the technology to solve this problem.  Anyone volunteer
>to be a spokesperson for rebuttal?

The stalking itself wasn't conducted via email, from my understanding of
the story.  They met via email (on AOL, it appears), and she tried to slow
things down, and he showed up and sent her email saying he saw her leave
work, and that he thought she was attractive.

The involvement of email is only secondary, but since email fits in the
"Information Superhighway" buzzword catagory, I suspect CNN jumped on this.

This really has little to do with cryptography, though.

Bob

--
Bob Snyder N2KGO                                     MIME, RIPEM mail accepted
[email protected]                       finger for RIPEM public key