FWD: Encryption for Newton

An interesting tidbit for those who are watching out for Newton Encryption
and Privacy solutions:

> From: [email protected]
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.newton.misc
> Subject: Encryption for Newton
> Date: 31 May 1994 14:13:24 -0500
> Hello:
>
> On June 1, 1994, CustomWare of Toronto will be releasing a freeware newton
> application called "nCrypt". nCrypt provides "strong" encryption for newton
> objects including notes and names.
>
> The freeware version of nCrypt will provide password protection for newton
> objects and is intended for use as a personal privacy utility. A commercial
> version to follow will also implement "public key" protocols for digital
> signature authentication and key distribution similar to PowerTalk,
> RIPEM/SIG, PGP and RIPEM.
>
> nCrypt also suppports "drop in" encryption modules for adding compatibility
> with other encryption systems.
>
> Interested developers may contact CustomWare about writing encryption
> modules or for testing their apps with nCrypt for compatibility. The
> algorithms used by nCrypt will be made available in a technical note for
> review. There may even be another of those cash prizes for breaking the
> system...
>
> Contact Reginald Braithwaite-Lee or Andrew Bartle:
>
> Compu$erve: 73114,2055
> Internet: [email protected] (temporary)
> Telephone: +1 416 410 0675
> Facsimile: +1 416 932 8304
> AppleLink: CUSTOMWARE
> SnailMail: 1111-200 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON, Canada, M6K 1Z4
>
> Regards,
> Reginald !:-)
>
> Public Key Fingerprint: D8 B8 C1 D0 DD 56 20 B4  06 A2 81 83 87 E8 8B 64
> (Send message with subject "HELP" to [email protected])

Geoff Dale         -- Cypherpunk/Extropian --         Plastic Beethoven
AnarchyPPL - Anarch (Adjudicator)      ExI-Freegate Virtual Branch Head
[email protected]                                        66 Pyramid Plaza
[email protected]                             Freegate, [email protected] 7777
"You don't greet Death, you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags
you away.  I think John Wayne said it best when he said, 'Fuck Death and
the lung cancer he rode in on.'" - Denis Leary