Re: (FWD) WHAT MOTIVATES CRYP

Bob Morris writes:

> I'm a leftie and was also a bit bemused by the idea of using crypto to
> avoid paying taxes.  Hopefully we can find a bit more exalted use of
> crypto than that.

Some of the peace movement folks I've hung around with over the years
were part of the "Resist paying taxes because they pay for the War Department"
movement, with various methods of not paying ranging from public refusal
to working in the underground economy to making less money.
Then there was that Thoreau fella....

> However, I assume all here are agreed that strong private crypto is a
> good thing.  "Politics makes strange bedfellows", indeed.
> This wouldn't be the first time that those on the fringes of the left
> and the right saw a common enemy - encroaching government with control
> in their hearts.

If your political scale puts different sets of people who oppose
encroaching government control on opposite fringes, it needs some rework.
(Not to say that some of us won't cultivate the fringiness available
in any particular movement; many of us find the mainstream libertarian
"deep-in-center-field" position to be a bit boring....)

		Bill