Re: Devil's Advocate (again)

> Additionally, since properly executed crypto can only be breached by the
> application of torture to the key holder, The VIIIth Amendment's
> prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment may apply.

How can sitting in jail cell under contempt of court charge for undetermined
periods be considered cruel or unusual punishment? Would seem to me that if
a person refuses to comply and reveal their keys they should expect some
form of legal retribution.

If a person were to sit there long enough I am shure they would crack if
for no other reason than family pressure and the sure realization that
their homes and other possessions will be repossessed or otherwise lost.