Re: Devil's Advocate (again)

> 	Do you think the NSA cares either about the majority of US laws
> or the admissibility of evidence? If they want your key badly enough,
> they will get it, and in all probability will have no compunctions
> against any of those methods.

> Michael Brandt Handler                                <[email protected]>

True, but then again the NSA does not have a history of using torture and
violence againsta US citizens. They may be implicit in the sicking of other
more rabidly violent agents but violence is not in their best interest.

I am more worried about the local police department, state law agencies, and
traditional federal law enforcement. These are the folks who spend the majority
of their funding spending time watching individuals and their behaviour on a
regular basis. I really doubt the NSA is able to monitor single individuals
for long terms (the Puzzle Palace makes several references to their asking
other agencies for assisstance when this was needed because they didn't have
the resources). I don't think this historical pattern is broken at this
point.