Credit-card PCs exist

I'm looking at an ad for "CARDIO 386," a PC in a thick card
a little bigger than a credit card.

It has a 236-pin connector with
   a full AT bus,
   VGA interface for video or LCD,
   IDE interface for hard disk,
   1 parallel, 2 serial, keyboard, mouse and floppy interfaces.

Up to 256K Rom and 4M DRAM.  I don't see built-in SRAM or battery,
but they have SRAM and flash cards as well as a PCMCIA interface.

The point is that it's what developers and their tools are used to.
You could run regular PGP on it, for instance.

(That reminds me: does anyone know whether automatic teller
machines are PCs inside?)

S-MOS Systems of San Jose, CA.  "A Seiko Epson Affiliate."
and of which i am not an affiliate,
-fnerd
spam is in the eye of the beholder (splat)