MD5 is 1=>1?

On Mon, 4 Jul 1994 [email protected] wrote:
> Now if I have entered a phrase with EXACTLY 128 bits of entropy,
> hypothetically, is that enough to have flushed the padding or
> whatever out of the pipeline?
I have had this question also, has it been shown that the transformation
of 128bit words through md5 is *theoretically* invertable, as if it is
not, iterating it 1024 times could actually make you *LOOSE* entropy.
(say it was a random transformation, it would not contain each of the 128
bit outputs, ie some inputs would map to the same output.)

I am not aware of any such result.

Roger.