Re: Fortune magazine

> On another subject, does RIPEM interoperate with PGP or other public key
> software?  I have version 1.0.5 for DOS.  Thanks for any replies.
> [email protected]

RIPEM does not interoperate with PGP, but it may interoperate with
other programs, like TIS/PEM, which attempt to implement the RFC 1421
message-format spec.

It turns out that the signature algorithms are similar, so it may be
possible in a future version of PGP (3.0?) to get the signatures to be
equivalent, so you could, theoretically, convert a signed PGP document
into a signed RIPEM document (and vice-versa).

Since RIPEM uses DES (or triple-DES), and PGP uses IDEA, encrypted
documents are not cryptographically equivalent.

Hope this helps..

-derek