Re: PGP bastardization (fwd)

While I sympathise 100% with prz's annoyance at this hack, I should
remind him that he *did* put pgp out under the GPL and anyone is free
to modify it in any way they chose as long as they too release it
under the GPL.

He has no legal comeback (ha, there's an interesting irony about the
author of the world's leading piece of guerilla software...) and the
most he can do is apply peer pressure to get the guy to back down.

(Personally I'd never release anything under the GPL for precisely
that reason and others...)