Re: Leaving the Country

C'punks,

On Fri, 15 Jul 1994, Timothy C. May wrote:

> [lots of stuff about taking severe steps]

From what Tim alludes to, I still think he is just plain wrong about how
bad things would be on him.  He's probably getting bad advice from
practicing lawyers who have a vested interest in having financial privacy
"difficult" to obtain.  (More billible hours, more fees.)  For the rest
of us who aren't retired zillionaires, though, there is plenty that can
be done.

> . . .
> As a step short of leaving the U.S. (partly because I think that while
> the U.S. gets the Net attention for its Gorewellian plans, other
> countries are following suit or have already done so), I've been to
> Nevada to scout out property (no state income tax, lower real estate
> prices, fairly mild climate, little welfare) and plan to check out the
> coastal regions of Florida (also no state income tax).
>
> . . . I might even be involved someday in a true Caribbean node for a Net
> connection.
>
> (But don't expect me to move to the Turks and Caicos tomorrow!)

Now THIS is the give-'em-hell, can-do Tim we all know and love.

 S a n d y