Re: Leaving the Country

At 10:50 AM 7/15/94 -0700, Timothy C. May wrote:

>As a step short of leaving the U.S. (partly because I think that while
>the U.S. gets the Net attention for its Gorewellian plans, other
>countries are following suit or have already done so), I've been to
>Nevada to scout out property (no state income tax, lower real estate
>prices, fairly mild climate, little welfare) and plan to check out the
>coastal regions of Florida (also no state income tax).

FYI - the states with no (general) tax on wages are:

New Hampshire*
Florida
Texas
Tennesee
South Dakota
Wyoming
Nevada
Washington
Alaska*

*No (general) sales tax either.  How do they do it -- Magic.

DCF

Privacy 101 - In 1944, my friend Byrt ran into this girl on the street that
he knew from his old neighborhood.  He told her where he was sleeping.  That
evening, the Geheime Staatspolizei visited Byrt and invited him to become a
guest of the German government.  One year later, elements of Patton's Third
Army rescued Byrt from his mistake of telling someone where he slept.