Card Playing Protocol?

   (At a comms protocol
   level there might always be a single server per game--I don't know
   yet--but I would like to hide that sort of stuff from users.)

There's no need for a central server per game, even running on one of
the player's own machines.  What is possible with crypto is completely
flat distribution of the simulation.  The difference is profound.  I
would suggest that all who don't understand this meditate upon coin
flipping protocols, the simplest flatly distributed simulation--here,
of a random number generator.

Eric