Re: Come On

Sandy:

Channeling alt.syntax.tactical and alt.flame (Ohm!), Lefty writes:
> Heh.
>
> It's not clear to Ray.

   Implying of course that it's clear to him.

As I so eloquently stated:

>  Well, I can certainly say that I am impressed that you've progressed
>to telepathy, but humor a poor student for once.
>
> {long, irrelevant diatribe, elided}

  I'm glad you liked it. Atleast you kept the best line.

Continuing my masterfully written piece:
>  I hope I "got it"

Answering back from the astral plane:
> Er, no.  Not at all.  In fact, I think you demonstrated what I was saying
> quite clearly.

  Meaning that the answer I supplied to Sandy's question was the wrong
one. If he knows it's wrong, then he must know the correct answer,
well what is it? Otherwise, I'm waiting for a retraction.

<contemplate the correct answer to the following question
for 3 nights: "What is the sound of one hand clapping?">

Alert, an alt.syntax.tactical gambit move is about to be attempted:
> But not to leave you hopelessly adrift, what's the fundamental difference
> between the actions of the subject of your oh-so-sad story, and Sandy's
> actions?  Take your time.

   Uh oh, do I detect a change of subject? You see, my last post was
directed to supply an answer to Sandy's question "Isn't it clear to
everyone what I'm making fun of?" (my answer, the campiness of the
show) with an added commentary on assuming a receptive audiencce. All
of a sudden, we have a diversion here into how Sandy's H.E.A.T. posts
on a mailing list compare to my brother-in-law's showing of vacation
pictures during a break at work which is irrelevent to the original
line of questioning (if you could call "Heh. It isn't clear to Ray."
questioning or discussion) A well timed change of subject, and a
barely subtle attempt to bait me of course.

   I'm not going to fall into the trap, so I won't bother responding. I'm
still waiting for your answer to Sandy's question, oh great oracle.

> Off by a millimeter at the arrow's point; off by a mile at the target.

  You shouldn't think out loud. But your reflections on your own
behavior are quite on the mark.

> --
> Lefty ([email protected])
> C:.M:.C:., D:.O:.D:. O:.H:.M:

  Really Lefty, isn't it about time you stopped baiting people?
Scan the last twenty messages you posted to cypherpunks. At best,
they were nothing but a bunch "witty" 3-liners designed to start
a flame with somebody you thought you could obviously outwit. Almost
zero discussion or information content. The only post of yours
which contained atleast five full sentences was a forward of some
Sue D. Nym message. I'm honored that you respect my intellect enough
to dedicate more than your usual quota of 3 short sentences (I know
it must be quite taxing on your creativity), but maybe it's time for you
to take a vacation.

-internet highway patrol, assault speech division.