Re: Gore's "new and improved" key escrow proposal

Tim May said:
> Others here will have a clearer idea than I have, but I don't think a
> "software standard" is what is now being planned. Software-only
> solution cannot possibly have the security that's needed [...]

My reading of the BSA blurb was that software key escrow really is
being planned: "software implementable [and] based on a non-classified
encryption formula".  Yes, this sounds pretty silly.  I don't see how
you could possibly prevent a rogue phone from interoperating with a
fascistic one.  Guess I need to snarf the original document.

   Eli   [email protected]