RE: Come On

C'punks,

Okay, I'm getting just a little tired of this thread.  I've addressed
several posts in private e-mail, but I think one public statement is
required.

On Fri, 22 Jul 1994, Alex Brock, addressing Connie Sadler, wrote:

> . . .
> CypherPUNKs is an offshoot of the cyberpunk paradigm, which can be
> stated as "high tech/lowlife".  There are no claims of professionalism
> as far as I know.  If cypherpunks share a common attribute, it is
> probably their enjoyment of the _practice_ of encryption and related
> disciplines.

Yet another list member volunteers to speak for the group.  If Alex want
to be a "low life," so be it.  Just don't drag the rest of us along.  I
thought Cypherpunks were interested in taking positive steps to protect
privacy.  Connie has told us she shares that goal, so I think that makes
her just as much a Cypherpunk as the rest of us "lowlifes."

> I did not notice anyone insult you personally.  Surely if you find the
> language offensive, the solution is to filter your mail, or else
> unsubscribe.

By the same token, Alex, nobody personally pulled your chain, either.
Maybe you should filter Connie from your mail, or else unsubscribe.

My fellow Cypherpunks, "can't we all just get along?"  Let's continue to
focus on privacy.  Isn't that what we're here for?

 S a n d y

P.S.  I've exchanged e-mail with Connie.  She's very nice and very much
      on our side.  A good recruit for Cypherpunks.