No Subject

This is my first post, so please be kind. I have what I
I think, IMHO, is a simple question. If the government
"outlawed" non-escrow keyed encryption, how would they get
a conviction for a supposed violation? How could they prove
in a court of law (assuming we would still have courts...)
that a note that looks like nonsense, is in fact encrypted?
If they decyphered it, how would they know/prove that the new
"plaintext" is in fact plaintext that you started with?
Could they write code that could fabricate notes from giberish?
What if you encrypted a love letter and they 'decrypted' a drug deal?

Also, on the national ID card issue, I was involved in bar codes
(machine readable labels) and came across really small (grain of
rice sized) transponders with ID number encoded. These could then be
machine (transducer) readable. They were glass coated and had
various industrial applications. I have since read that they have
implanted them in pets to identify them if they run away. Next step
would be implanting them in people. You would then have an absolute
way to ID people (short of surgery).

Police could carry transducers, wave it in your direction and know
who you are. Cellular terminal could get whatever data they had on you.
No way you could impersonate LD. No way to stay 'private'. Hang the
transponder on the doorway of a bldg to monitor traffic. (OJ coulda
proven his alibi....) Use it in the local supermarket to do biz with.
Better then an ATM card, cuz you'll never lose it.

A brave, new world awaits.

Wadda you think?

Conrad Walton
[email protected]