Re: Voice/Fax Checks

> I had the impression from that paper that with transferred ecash, a person
> earlier on the trail could always recognize the cash even at a later point.
> This followed, Chaum claimed, from the need to detect double-spending.

That makes sense, and I don't see it as being too much of a problem either.
Physical cash works that way too; if I write down the serial numbers of all
money that goes through my hands, then if it ever comes back into my hands
I'm going to recognize it. It would be nice if ecash could not have this
"flaw", but it doesn't seem vital, or even particularly important, to me.