XSPLIT now own ftp.wimsey.bc.ca

I just uploaded a short program I wrote called XSPLIT to ftp.wimsey.bc.ca.
this is a simple crypto tool that splits a file into many files for secure
distribution.  A simple way of escrowing your data to the parties >YOU< only
trust and who don't know each other.

Whenever Gibson's idea of swiss like databanks will occur, you could encrypt
your file, split it with XSPLIT and upload it to several such databanks.

XSPLIT takes a file, generates n-1 random numbers, writes those random numbers
out to each of the n-1 files, and for the nth file it takes the XOR of all N
random numbers, and XORs it with the plaintext.  This way, you get to split
your file in such a way as to require all pieces of it in order to rebuild it.

This is certainly not earth shattering, and is similar to what clipper uses,
only its something you have available to you and something I wrote on a whim.

Enjoy.  (Source is included as usual and should be unix portable.)