Re: Remailer ideas (Was: Re: Latency vs. Reordering)

   Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 11:37:38 -0800
   From: [email protected] (Jamie Lawrence)

   Another thing that occured to me is the thought that if there were
   an organized web or remailers, remailers could bounce messages
   between them automatically-

Yes, that could be done.  Problem is that the NSA's remailer(s) would
immediately deliver messages to the destination.  Get enough NSA
remailers, and the web wouldn't be trustable.  Now, remailers in the
web can and should feel free to randomly forward mail to other
remailers, but it's the sender who should pick the minimum chain
length, and recursively encrypt their own envelopes.

-russ <[email protected]>    http://www.crynwr.com/crynwr/nelson.html
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 (9201 FAX)  | What is thee doing about it?
Potsdam, NY 13676 | LPF member - ask me about the harm software patents do.