Re: FW: No SKE in Daytona and other goodies

Paul Robichaux writes:

> No, but (Cliche Alert) the road to key escrow is paved with good
> intentions. IMHO the developers who might actually be working on
> implementations of this scheme either
> 	a) don't know that it _could easily_ "become part of
> 	   a nationally-mandated open avenue to spying,"
> 	b) know but don't think such developments are likely, or
> 	c) know and don't care.
>
> Clearly education is a powerful antidote to cases a) and b)

To this can be added an obvious fourth possibility:

        d) know and care, but have a paycheck to earn and a career
           to think about.

I think many people working for companies developing unsavory products
find reasonse not to quit in rigtheous indignation.

In fact, we could add more possibilities:

         e) know and care, but think it best to "work from within"

         f) know and care, but also know that company will just assign
            others to same job

And so forth.

The may also know and care, but think the dangers are being
overstated, or that "that's not my department" ("says Klaus! von
Bomb"?)

--Tim May

[email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero