Re: Anonymous code name allocated. // penet hack

On Mon, 1 Aug 1994 [email protected] wrote:

> > > You have sent a message using the anonymous contact service.
> > > You have been allocated the code name an118905.
> > ... and so forth
> >
> > I did not send any message using the remailer and I would be grateful
> > if the account were killed.  Is everybody on the cypherpunks list
> > getting this sort of harassment or is it just me?
>
> me too, me too, but I don't use anonymous remailers anyway.

  No, and I don't either, but now someone else can use those accounts and
LOOK like they are you or me (or anyone else here).  Now suppose some
twit decides to use one or more of those accounts to send threatening
messages to the president or some other stupid thing... who are they
going to come after, do you suppose?  NOT a nice scenario!

						Lyman

Finger [email protected] for PGP 2.4 Public Key Block.