Re: Questions about Microsoft and Software Key Escrow

Aron Freed writes:

 > Here's another possibility.. We put out the word that we don't buy
 > Chicago or any somftware that has SKE built in. KEep your old stuff or
 > make your own operating system. I think most of the computer programmers
 > could on joint effort create something better than what is on the market
 > anyway.

An off-topic aside: this is already done. Check out the NetBSD and
Linux projects sometime. NetBSD is about to release 1.0, the first
fully-working unencumbered release of bsd 4.4 for several
platforms. Linux is well known by now. I have both, they are far
superior for my needs than any MS product.

--
Dan.