Re: Steganography (Was Re: What kind of encryption to incorporate?)

On Wed, 3 Aug 1994, Brian Lane wrote:

> How about hiding data in digitized audio? With enough audio the data
> wouldn't degrade the signal noticably.

I've already done that, it's included in the s-tools v2 package as a
module to conceal information in .WAV files.

The effect on quality when using the LSB of an 8 bit 11Khz mono sample is
not noticeable unless the original sound is highly pure (e.g. downloaded
from a synth). Even then it only shows up as _very_ faint interference
that needs a good hi-fi to hear and the original sample for comparison.

Regards,

- Andy