Re: broadcast encryption

Jim McCoy says:
> For starters, a treaty that the US may sign is not "law" in the formal
> sense of the word, Congress must do a bit of legislative juggling to codify
> the treaty into the USC.

Actually, a treaty, once ratified by the Senate, is "the supreme law
of the land", ranking with the constitution in superceeding all other
law. If Congress does not pass enabling legislation, the courts will
happily enforce the treaty. This has nothing to do with cryptography,
however, so I'd suggest that further discussion of this should take
place in private mail.

Perry