CreditCard info

 An interesting sideline -
  I ran into an interesting situation at a local video rental place
yesterday. If you give them your credit card number they charge you .25
less a tape to rent it(2.75 compared to 3.00) Your number goes into their
customer databse.

  I laughed, and said i'd rather pay the .25 a tape than take the chance
of some part-time HS kid getting ahold of my CC number.

  It's unbelieveable (to me anyway) that people would give this kind of
information out and trust that it can't be abused. It's bad enough that
we're asked to hand out our SS number for everything.

   Brian

    Linux :  The choice of a GNU generation    |  finger [email protected]
    witty comments pending                     |  for PGP key and subLit