Newsgroups: comp.org.eff.talk
From: [email protected] (Timothy C. May)
Subject: I won't be renewing my EFF membership
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 1994 01:24:27 GMT

I'm not especially pleased to be saying that I won't be renewing my
membership in the EFF when the time comes, later this year.

The involvement of the EFF in the drafting of the new Digital
Telephony Bill is the proximate case, though I can't say I was ever
too happy with the EFF's position on the National Information
Infrastructure.

I'm sure the argument is that "things would have been worse" had the
EFF not helped Congress, but I just have never seen the wisdom of
helping your hangman tie a better knot.

Call me a rejectionist if you will. No compromises.

--Tim May

[email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero