Re: In Search of Genuine DigiCash

A few days ago I asked:

> Can a case be made that anonymous digicash is less risky
> (to a bank) than NON-anonymous digicash?

There were no takers.  Therefore, I'll ask different questions:

Would a Chaum-style anonymous digital cash service be more profitable to a
bank than a NON-anonymous digital cash service?

Are the costs involved in offering and supporting anonymous digital cash
more, or less, than the costs associated with NON-anonymous digital cash?

In other words, why might a bank chose to offer/support anonymous digital
cash over NON-anonymous digital cash?

If a "bank-centric" case for anonymous digital case over NON-anonymous
digital cash can't be made, then there's little chance we'll see anonymous
digital cash any time soon.

[email protected]