Re: Voluntary Governments?

At  2:37 PM 8/23/94 -0500, Jim choate wrote:

>Can't speak for MIT but I can speak for UT Austin, they do have cells to hold
>prisoners. The security forces at that school attend the Tx Dept. of Public
>Safety training school and hold state law enforcement positions. The last
>thing you want to do is really piss one of these guys, you would end up
>in one of the state prisons for several years, Huntsville probably.

The University of Chicago, where I went for awhile, has the third largest
police force in Illinois, after the Chicago PD and the State troopers. They
have guns and cells.

During the Cambodian days of rage, the administration had an interesting
tactic.  The acquiesced to the students' demands and took their pictures as
they left.  Then they expelled them all.  Not violent, really, but harmful,
maybe.

"Hyde Park, where Black and White stand shoulder to shoulder against the
Poor." (Nichols and May[not Tim]),

Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga  ([email protected]) "There is no difference between someone
Shipwright Development Corporation     who eats too little and sees Heaven and
44 Farquhar Street                       someone who drinks too much and sees
Boston, MA 02331 USA                       snakes." -- Bertrand Russell
(617) 323-7923