Re: Nuclear Weapons Material

Phil Karn says:
> Now can we return to cryptography? How about a discussion of fast
> modular exponentiation algorithms, something we (or at least I) can
> put to more immediate and constructive use than nuclear bomb designs?

Indeed.

I've been wondering recently, by the way, about what advantages doing
some of this stuff on DSPs might have. DSPs are not magical chips, but
they are optimized for a few tasks, including, typically, fast integer
multiplies. IDEA and modular exponentiation both require lots of fast
integer multiplies. Would it make sense to use DSPs as co-processors
to things like Pentiums to speed up these processes?

Phil? You are the resident expert on DSPs, I believe...

Perry