Re: U & Pu is good for U

In message <[email protected]> Brad Dolan writes:
> >On the other hand I say that such studies are poor criteria for
> >judging the effects of radiation intended to do the maximum possible
> >harm.
>
> Well, these studies are about all we have to go on right now.  The
> wartime residents of Hiroshima and Nagasaki do provide a large set of
> folks exposed to "radiation intended to do the maximum possible harm"
> but, darn it, none of them were wearing dosimeters.  People do study
> these groups, making educated guesses about doses, but it's hard to
> draw precise conclusions on that basis.

There is a Sufi parable about a guy who loses something on a dark
street.  His friend finds him searching the ground carefully at the
corner under a street light.  He asks him what he is doing, and he
explains that he dropped something.  "Where?"  "Down the street."
"Then why are you looking here?"  "Because there is a light down here."
--
Jim Dixon