Re: Online cash, Internet, Pizza Hut

Jim Choate writes:

> You sound jaded to me Tim.
>
> As I have alluded in another post, seems the perfect oportunity for doing
> some building if one considers it a base system. I have worked on some

Go to it, then. I'm not jaded, just well-aware that most of what is
now floating around the suddenly-trendy idea of the Digital
Superduperway is little more than hype.

Misplaced zeal, confusing tangential developments with real progress.
Much like libertarians assuming the space program is something they
should somehow be working on.

Pizza Hut is merely taking orders a slightly different way. Nothing
more, and nothing to build on. In fact, working with them would of
course slow down real efforts, as one got stuck in the cheesy workings
of an encrusted bureaucracy.

But don't let me discourage any others from putting on a chef's hat,
slicing up some pepperoni, and helping them get "on-line."

--Tim May

> fries you would never eat there again!). At the present time they use the
> systems for record keeping only. But knowing the big boys as I do (take that
> one as you want) I suspect they will want to crawl before they walk.
>
> First get folks used to using it for order only, then later on add some
> form of 'shell' where a limited form of credit (purchased off-line) can
> be used (minimizes if not eliminates spoofing of credit). As the  folks
> get more used to it then add even more features. Sounds a lot like fishing...:)
>
> Take care.

[email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero