Re: DigiCash ???

> You hire an anonymous reshiper... no different from an anonymous remailer
> only you can't use an automated program (yet :) and its damn difficult to
> avoid traffic analysis. Assuming that nobody has decided to follow the car
> or put a locater in it, your anonymity is ultimatelly ensured by the fact
> that the last reshiper in your chain doesn't know whether or not you are
> also a reshipper or the new owner. I actually think that given the
> impossibility of avoiding traffic analysis, the most sensible solution is
> to find somebody that you absolutely trust to buy the car and give it to
> you without adding additional stages.

I suspect the shippers will surrender their shipping documents when they are
faced with the removal of their bonds. This seems like a very shaky proposition at best.

As to using an anonymouse third party, by placing them at risk this opens them
up to various tactics. For instance, they could be given immunity from any
charges and then they would be compelled to rat me out.

In every example that deals with the delivery of tangible goods (which is the
majority of what we purchase) the anonymity breaks down at the delivery point.
You have to prove you are the one who is justifiably taking possession. This
to me is a big hole in the system.