Re: CONTROL FREAKS

Subject: Re: CONTROL FREAKS

To: [email protected] (L. Todd Masco)
From: [email protected] (Duncan Frissell)
Cc: [email protected]

>> After all, there can't be a totalitarian state that doesn't massively chan
>> (introduce uncertainly into) the conduct of life and business in its count
>> (and if it is large, in the world).  Markets have a way of dealing with
>> uncertainty.  Capital flight (seeking safer investments) and high interest
>> rates (to compensate for risk).

The main assumption here is that the populous and the markets realize that
they are in a totalitarian state. We in the U.S. are evolving closer and
closer to this and most seem not to see it, and if they do, not to care about
it.

The senario that I see, is the borders being closed. (After all we HAVE to
stop all of these illegal aliens.) All of the firearms and weapons being
removed from private hands. (The crime rate is SO high this is the only way
to solve it.) The U.S. economy being isolated from the rest of the world.
(The world doesn't trade fair with us, so we just won't trade with you.)
Once your economy is isolated from the rest of the worlds who cares what a
dollar is worth. If the government says a dollar buys a loaf of bread, then
I guess it does. After all they have all of the weapons. The most incideous
thing is that the average American would go along with all of the
rationalizations listed above.

  Fido: Sam Kaplin  1:282/1018           | "...vidi vici veni" - Overheard
  Compuserve: 75240,131                  | outside a Roman brothel.
  [email protected]         |
  75240,[email protected]               | Change is the only constant in the
 For confidential communications use PGP | Universe..."Four quarters, please."

                Processed by WILDUUCP! v1.00  for WILDCAT!