privacy in Unix environment

Vladimir Z. Nuri writes:
 > (sort, grep, whatever) invisible to other users on my local
 > system.
 >
 > can it be done?

Not unless you write your own suite of utilities (or get linux and
modify all the ones there).  Even if you do, the kernel will always
keep around the command name (ps -c on BSDish machines).  Of course,
if you've got your own suite of utilities you can scramble the names.
Juest remind me never to log in to your account...

| GOOD TIME FOR MOVIE - GOING ||| Mike McNally <[email protected]>       |
| TAKE TWA TO CAIRO.          ||| Tivoli Systems, Austin, TX:        |
|     (actual fortune cookie) ||| "Like A Little Bit of Semi-Heaven" |