Linux and PGP

I'm starting to take Linux for a "test drive", and am looking for a couple
pointers on using PGP.

Some time ago, I saw a couple of vaguely-related messages regarding PGP; one
of them was editing a header file (?) to compile properly under Linux, the
other was a patch (command-line switch?) to increase the available number of
bits for the second part of the key (increasing it from 5 [!!] bits).  Could
someone either email me the info, tell me where it's hiding, or (if
necessary) tell me I'm full of fertilizer?

Thanks....

Dave Merriman
Finger [email protected] for PGP/RIPEM public keys and fingerprints.
Unencrypted Email may be ignored without notice to sender.  PGP preferred.
Remember: It is not enough to _obey_ Big Brother; you must also learn to
*love* Big Brother.