Re: HIT MEN

James Donald writes:

> > Illegal betting is merely illegal.  Murder is also immoral.
> >
> > This really does make a difference to reputations.

Timothy C. May writes
> I'm not persuaded. Reputation is not having a nice feeling, it is
> expecting that an agent will act as he is expected to act (not an
> exact definition).

True.  And I, and most people, would expect someone who does
murder for hire to lie and cheat.

I have found that people usually act with unwavering consistency
in this type of thing and are highly predictable - not that I
have known murderers, but I have known thieves.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we              James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.                [email protected]