Re: Siegel and Lewis

Michael Conlen says:
> As I understand it, the government owns a portion of the internet.

Nope. Sorry. They don't.

> 	Does anyone have any information on what grouds Seigel and Lewis
> plan to use for legislation?

Peter Lewis is a reporter, and to my knowledge has no plans to lose
his job by lobbying for legislation. I am unaware of what his opinions
on this topic might be. My only beef with him is that his stories tend
to be full of inaccuracies. This mornings, for instance, gave the
impression that there are no unpatented algorithms available to do
high-quality compression -- when of course, there are many.

Perry