Re: something to scare the *piss* out of ya

If this story is true, and can be substantiated, why the hell wern't
the cops involved prosecuted, or walked out to a wall
and summarily shot for crimes against humanity.

The last time I checked torture and dismemberment were
war crimes, and intolerable behavior in civilized nations.

If it *IS* true there goddamn well should be congressional
hearings on it. I would suggest contacting any of the
local news media in DC, but would reccommend the
local ABC affiliate, WJLA for contact since they are in the
midst of tearing the ATF a new asshole (and are going to do
the same to the FBI tomorrow night from what they say) over
the Waco raid.

The ABC affiliate here has caused new Senate hearings apparently,
it seems that the longer things go on, the more nastiness is dragged
out on this.

If this bit wasn't true, then it's despicable propaganda, and anyone
involved with it's distribution should be ashamed of themselves.
I do not believe liberty and democracy can easily survive if citizens
or public servants lie. True strength lives in honest discourse and
the actions of reasoned men, acting in a thoughtful and honest
manner.

It's damned easy to run around splattering the net with nasty
scare stories about the evils of LEO's, but it takes a bit
more to actually do something. I'd say with stuff like this
the best course would be to put up, and contact your elected
offcials, or shut up. Becasue if it is true, no decent person
should tolerate it. And if it isn't, damn the persons who lie
for obscuring the truth.

Tim Scanlon

[email protected] (NeXTmail, MIME)  Tim Scanlon
George Mason University     (PGP key avail.)  Public Affairs
I speak for myself, but often claim demonic possession