Re: SSL RC4 challenge

Quoth [email protected]:
>On Wed, 12 Jul 1995, alex wrote:
>> Can't we hold off a few weeks on this, so that we can all short the stock
>> once it's been offered? <g>
>
>Hmm...well, considering we have yet to break the first 40-bit RC4 key
>(with 87.1 of the keyspace searched), I think it might be a bit early to
>make financial decisions based on our cracking abilities.

	Yes, but it is highly unlikely we have a valid plaintext/cyphertext
pair. Since the format of SSL is known precisely, we won't have this problem.

	But, yes, let's break the example SSL transaction first.

	- Jonathan

   /   Jonathan Shekter   /                            /
  /   Graphics Hack      /   "Probability alone       /
 /  Alias/Wavefront     /   dictates that I exist"   /