Re: def'n of "computer network"

Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Indeed -- how could the recipient even know to look,

Assume we have good public key steganography tools (I am not
aware of such tools.)

The recipient would have to scan a large pile of random
pictures in the hope that some of the messages, when
decoded using his private key, decoded into a correctly
formatted message.

Although prearrangement is needed, otherwise he would not
be scanning this pile of random graphics for secret messages,
he does not know whether he will receive a message or not,
and no one else can know if he has received a message or not.

For example:

  "I have plutonium and bondage pictures of nine year old girls
   for sale"   My public key is 7uL623uvGjg8N-u7hO789HcysFhGyvcAgyh
   Interested parties should post replies stegoed into images
   posted on
   alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.blondes.dinosaurs.oral.fetish.waifs

   Please use only new dirty pictures to hide your message in --
   not images I have already seen.
  "

Then people can post replies without anyone knowing they are
posting encrypted messages.
We have the right to defend ourselves	|  http://www.jim.com/jamesd/
and our property, because of the kind	|
of animals that we are. True law	|  James A. Donald
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.|  [email protected]