Re: We appear...

On Tue, 18 Jul 1995, L. McCarthy wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 20:06:40 -0400 (EDT)
> From: L. McCarthy <[email protected]>
> Cc: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: We appear...
>
> .pm writes:
> > We appear to have an nntp/mail loop in progress. I believe the problem
> > is at mnemosyne.cs.du.edu -- its posting cypherpunks back to the
> > mailing list (ugh!).
>
> Not exclusively, though -- I've been seeing sporadic stuff from mnemosyne for
> a week or more. I wrote to [email protected] and it bounced from someone's
> personal mailbox (!)

folks,  the problem is this:  the cypherpunks mailing list is read as a
newsgroup on nyx.cs.du.edu.  it seems they must have messed up their
config recently otherwise we would have been seeing this for more than a
year.  anyway, i wrote the sysadmin at nyx.cs.du.edu (aburt@nyx...) so
hopefully this will be taken care of soon.

-pat

patrick finerty = [email protected] = [email protected]
U of Utah biochem grad student in the Bass lab - zinc fingers + dsRNA!
** FINGER ME for my pgp public key ** crypto for the masses!
zifi runs LINUX 1.2.11 -=-=-=WEB=-=-=->  http://zifi.genetics.utah.edu