Re: Why no action alert, coalition opposing S. 974?

S 974 is a silly bill.  It's like someone went around and made a list
of all the things that would irk us and then wrote legislation
around it.

However this bill isn't immediately going anywhere, and there's more
dangerous legislation on the floor that is looking a lot like a loaded
gun.

VTW is tracking this bill and will put out alerts on it if it becomes
a more valid threat.  However until then we'll not try to divide the
forces of the net on bills that aren't yet a serious threat.

Read the bill, familiarize yourself with the analyses, but let's not
go running off every time some DC bozo writes a terrible bill.  Especially
when there isn't even a subcommittee hearing scheduled yet.

Let's try and do *one thing* at a time.

-Shabbir